The good news we’ve all been waiting for seems to be within reach! There is light at the end of the tunnel, with drug manufacturers indicating that they are within weeks of a vaccine to protect against the COVID-19 virus. That may be the best news we have heard all year. This revelation also brings with it questions, like, how effective is the vaccine? When will it be available? And who will receive the doses first? Rest assured, there’s hope.
Wesley Enhanced Living understands your desire to get back to living some semblance of everyday life again. We take our role seriously to offer you the best nutrition, physical activities, and safe socialization. We have also amped up our already rigorous cleaning routines to ensure our residents are comfortable and safe.
The Basics of the New Vaccine
At Wesley Enhanced Living, we fight for our residents’ health and safety. That is one reason why we joined a government program to gain priority for vaccinations for our seniors and staff once it is available. Until then, here are the basics of the new vaccine:
- Effectiveness is quite high: According to what Pfizer and BioNTech told the BBC, the vaccine shows about 90% protection. Moderna revealed to the BBC that they saw a 94.5% protection rate in their tests.
- Initial deliveries will happen fast: Once the vaccine is approved, manufacturers indicate that they can have 20-50 million doses available for distribution by the end of the year.
- Seniors and healthcare workers are first in line: The CDC has indicated that they will prioritize the elderly and those in the healthcare field over those in less vulnerable segments.
Why Now is a Great Time to Move to a Continuing Care Retirement Community
Having a vaccine on the horizon is excellent news and a positive turn for a rather bleak year. It has been particularly hard on the elderly, who already struggle with loneliness. So, even though we are still social distancing, why is now a fantastic time to move to a Wesley Enhanced Living community?
- You can beat the loneliness that may have crept in during stay-at-home orders. Isolation can lead to other health issues, such as cognitive decline and depression. You have the opportunity to make new friends and build relationships at our senior living communities.
- You will enjoy better nutrition, and you don’t have to do the dishes! Communities like ours focus on the health of our seniors, especially in the area of nutrition. You can count on our staff to provide well-balanced meals that meet your physical needs and your palate.
- You have amenities that make life much more comfortable and enjoyable. You have done your years of housecleaning. Why not let someone else do it?
- You can save money. With year-end programs, you can take advantage of reduced entrance fees and delayed move-in programs.
Find Your New Normal – Join Us at a Wesley Enhanced Living Community
Enjoy life again when you move to one of our communities. Our team is devoted to you or your senior with our different options like independent living, personal care, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. Discover for yourself why our seniors love living here!
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.