Keeping our Residents Safe, Healthy and Engaged
Our standards for safety and cleanliness have always been high, but during these times, we’ve instituted new protocols, products, and procedures to ensure the most comprehensive protections are in place to keep our residents and employees well. Rest assured that whether you live, work, or visit WEL, your safety is paramount to us, and we will continue to be vigilant in our protection processes.
CLICK HERE to read about Wesley Enhanced Living’s COVID policy.
Sanitizing and Cleaning:
- High touch surfaces including hallways, elevators, furniture in common areas, TV remotes, doorknobs, mailbox areas, community restrooms, and administrative areas are disinfected several times daily using FDA approved, hospital grade antimicrobial products.
- Hand Sanitizers are stationed at all entry points.
- Housekeeping staff don gowns, gloves, masks, and head and foot bonnets when cleaning, interchanging these protective items between each apartment.
- All communities have instituted disinfectant fogging by special equipment that is used daily to provide extra sanitation to high touch point surfaces.
- All employees are required to wear masks and to follow current CDC guidelines for protecting themselves and our residents, and will continue to follow mandated infection control protocols, to include use of personal protective equipment while interacting with others.
- Social distancing and masks/face coverings remain a requirement for all residents and visitors in the community. All communities have established new practices to assure that residents are properly distanced when meal service is in place, during activities, and any social interaction. Residents, employees, and visitors are pre-screened at community entrance points. WEL communities will also be installing Accushield Sign-In Kiosks at point of entry, which will enable contactless temperature checks. All screening questions will be logged into the Accushield system and a badge identifying visitors as screened will be printed out.
- All residents are now provided with a Clean Key, which will allow them to avoid touching surfaces that might contain germs. The Clean Key can be used to open doors, press buttons, and digitally sign on touchscreens. All residents are encouraged to use their Clean Key in community common areas and when off campus to limit contact with high touch surfaces.
Wellness Services and Programs
Residents enjoy Wellness Services and Programs designed to promote continued physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Physical Fitness: Exercise is crucial at any stage of life, seniors included. Expert Fitness Trainers lead residents in group-lead activities and individual training programs in our designated exercise areas. Work at your own pace to maintain or increase your physical well-being.
- Programs and Activities: Enjoy a life-long hobby, learn something new, or attend one of the many musical events, or educational series on our robust monthly calendars. Build new relationships or turn acquaintances into lifelong friends while staying socially connected to like-minded people.
- Home Care: Home Care services are available to assist with a variety of tasks such as food shopping, laundry, companionship and more for those residents who don’t quite need Personal Care services but require a little bit of extra help.
- Spiritual Life: Reignite your sense of interconnectedness with onsite religious and spiritual programs conducted by staff clergy.
Whatever your health or well-being needs are, Wesley Enhanced Living has you covered!