Useful Suggestions from Your Friends at Wesley Enhanced Living
To those who are unfamiliar, homeopathy may seem like a buzz word. It is also commonly misunderstood as another name for ‘home remedies’. It is, however, a medical system revived in the 18th century by a German physician and botanist named Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann. The premise behind the system is the belief that the body can heal itself. By using a “like cures like” approach, tiny amounts of natural substances like plants, herbs, flowers, etc. are used to trigger your body’s natural defenses and stimulate the healing process. Many people use homeopathic options for common ailments like colds, coughs, headaches, and nausea.
You may be surprised at how quickly you can start feeling better when you give your body what it needs. Before using homeopathic remedies, a discussion with your general practitioner is the first step to ensure there are no interactions with any prescription medications, and that it will be an appropriate tactic for your condition. The team at Wesley Enhanced Living believes in a well-rounded approach to health and living. Along with nutrient-rich meals, social activities and physical exercise, we aim to keep our residents and their families informed and educated on many ways to stay healthy and active.
5 Common Conditions where a Homeopathic Remedy May Help
As they say, age is just a number. You can embrace all that life has to offer when you have so much more time to enjoy it! As a senior, it’s important to take charge of your health and talk to your doctor about alternative options in healing. Here are five common ailments that a homeopathic remedy as well as some home remedies may help cure:
- Urinary Tract Infections –UTIs are common among the elderly. Maintaining adequate hydration can be difficult, and sometimes medications can cause these infections. However, you may get some relief from your symptoms with cantharis, ginger tea, uva ursi, or parsley water.
- Constipation – Another issue many seniors face is constipation and the discomfort it brings. You can do something as simple as adding powdered flaxseed to your orange juice. Other options include nux vomica and castor oil to ease the pain and stimulate your intestines.
- Nausea – You may experience an upset stomach from being ill or as a side-effect of prescription drugs. When you feel queasy, you may choose to take peppermint, mint, or nux vomica.
- Migraines – Nothing may feel worse than enduring through a migraine. A couple of options to consider include butterbur and belladonna. You should consult a homeopath for a recommended dosage.
- Anxiety and Depression – As we age, we may find that we enter a season of anxiety and depression. The sudden death of a loved one can bring on many emotions. Loneliness can play a factor, too. Ignatia, kali phosphoricum, and arsenica album may help you deal with emotional challenges.
Empower Your Body to Heal Itself – The Staff at Wesley Enhanced Living Can Help
Keep your immune system on track with healthy eating and regular exercise. When common illnesses come in the way, consider homeopathic remedies. It’s important to remember that you must also see a doctor and get timely medical advice.
Senior living couldn’t be better than residing in a Wesley Enhanced Living community. You can find the best option to meet your needs, including independent living or personal care. Besides encouraging a healthy lifestyle, we offer you many opportunities for socialization and companionship.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.