Many of us love the change of seasons. We sludge through the heat of summer and enjoy the welcome reprieve of cooler fall weather. Inevitably, we all start thinking about warm soups, family, friends, and cozy evenings. The great thing about this time of year is that there are so many activities that you can enjoy doing during these crisp days as we head into the winter holidays.
You can even enjoy new fall traditions and make new friends by moving to a Wesley Enhanced Living community. Our seniors grow in their social, physical, and emotional well-being while being cared for by our highly trained and attentive staff.
Have Fun Even as Temperatures Drop
Lower temperatures outside don’t mean you have to stay trapped inside with nothing to do. Try out these eight fun ideas:
- Break Out the Coloring Books: Search the internet for some fall-themed coloring pages and grab some colored pencils. Anyone can enjoy the relaxing activity of coloring. It may even reduce stress and give you time to slow down and chat with others.
- Work on a Themed Jigsaw Puzzle: Another easy-on-the-bones way to enjoy fall is to grab a puzzle, a few friends, and start working the outer edge of a lovely landscape scene. There are even puzzles designed for seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Take Walks: While the temperatures are moderate, open a window to breathe in some fresh air. Sip on a cup of hot tea or coffee on the patio, or take a stroll and look at the colorful leaves. When you button up and take the necessary precautions, you will give your body a much-needed boost.
- Paint Pumpkins: If you don’t like the mess of carving pumpkins, you don’t have to. Instead, check out some great ideas on Pinterest and get creative! You can use paint, glitter, or stencils to decorate to your heart’s content.
- Try Out Digital Games: You can enjoy playing trivia, word puzzles, card games, arcade-style racing games, and others all in the palm of your hand. You can use your tablet or other hand-held gaming device to play.
- Start or Join a Knitting Group: Using your hands to create something can be both relaxing and invigorating. It can also boost happiness as it sparks pride in your handiwork. Add other knitters, crocheters, and embroiders to your group for a fun time. You may even want to share your wares with a local homeless shelter by making hats, scarves, and mittens.
- Have an Indoor Tailgate Party: It may not be possible to go out for a football game, but you can invite some friends and gather around the television with snacks to cheer on your favorite team.
- Plant a Garden: There are a couple of ways you can do this. First, you can plant some perennial bulbs now for a beautiful display in the spring. Or, you can plant an indoor garden of herbs or succulents.
New Friends and Adventures Await at Wesley Enhanced Living
Live your life to the fullest when you choose a continuing care retirement community like Wesley Enhanced Living. Our team is always available to help you get the most enjoyment from your stay here. Choose from independent living, personal care, and rehabilitation, and skilled nursing to discover for yourself why our seniors love it here.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.