When it is time to slow down and enjoy your proverbial “golden years,” why not choose to stay in a retirement community? You may not have realized it yet, but there are many advantages of moving into a senior living facility. Are you ready to make some new friends? Looking for company to stay socially engaged and physically active? Perhaps you want to get past the challenges and strain of house maintenance. Retirement living can be all this and more.
If you have thought about moving into a retirement community, there is no time like the present. Consider these five reasons to make a move:
- Worry-Free Lifestyle: Handling all the day-to-day chores such as laundry, grocery shopping, and mowing the lawn are tasks that stay with you in retirement. While you have more time on hand, many of these chores can become more challenging as you age. Upkeep on your home can keep you from your dream of traveling or pursuing other hobbies that are more fun than home maintenance. By moving to a retirement community, you can enjoy an easier lifestyle with less worry.
- Upscale Amenities: The best retirement community offers you amenities you may not have at home, like an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, theater rooms, and exercise equipment. The best part is you don’t have to maintain the facilities. Your senior living community’s maintenance team does it for you.
- Enhanced Social Life: Growing older can often make it harder to keep up with friendships. In your new community, you have plenty of opportunities to meet new friends and build lasting relationships. For instance, you can meet up for coffee, volunteer together, participate in religious study groups, play cards, or even go for daily walks with people your own age.
- Exercise, Stay Active: Take advantage of the opportunity to strengthen your muscles and bones through regular exercise and fitness activities suitable for older adults. Which of these activities interest you? Yoga? Swimming or water aerobics? Line dancing? Your retirement community may offer a range of fitness classes that work for your physical capabilities. Have fun and stay healthy!
- Eat Healthy Foods: Eating well tends to become easier when someone else does the cooking. Your new retirement community has a team of dedicated nutrition professionals developing menus that are high in nutrients and big on flavor.
Why Choose Wesley Enhanced Living as Your Retirement Community
You have many options from which to choose when it comes to finding the perfect place to retire. The residents at Wesley Enhanced Living love their communities.
We asked our residents about their experience in a recent survey. A majority of our residents overwhelmingly felt safe and informed throughout the past year’s challenges. We are delighted to see how they responded:
- 96.67% feel safe.
- 95.62% report the staff is polite.
- 95.62% indicate the employees are professional in appearance.
- 94.92% feel the building and grounds are well-maintained.
- 94.57% say their apartments and rooms are clean.
- 94.05% report that the common areas are inviting.
- 94.05% indicate that the team and management were timely and transparent regarding information in light of the past year’s limitations.
It’s time to live life your way at a Wesley Enhanced Living community. We offer different options based on your needs, such as independent living, personal care, memory care, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. Join us and start living your best life now.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.