Deciding to sell your home is a big step. You have years of memories in every nook and cranny of your house. How do you make the decision to leave that all behind? It won’t be easy, but sometimes you need a fresh start. Being tied to a large home with all the required maintenance might not be how you want to spend your later years. Now is an excellent time to take advantage of the real estate market and sell your home.
Moving to a maintenance-free retirement community, like Wesley Enhanced Living, is a great option after making the decision to sell your home. We offer you numerous opportunities to meet new people and have new adventures while maintaining your independence. Check us out and see what you can look forward to in this next phase of life.
3 Reasons to Sell Your House Now
If you have been sitting on the fence about selling your property, consider these three reasons why it may be the best time to place your home on the market:
- Decreased Inventory Means Good News for You: Across the nation, the inventory of homes for sale is low. With fewer houses on the market, buyers have less to choose from and may compete to buy your home through higher offers.
- Interest Rates Are Still Low: Some buyers are holding off from purchasing because of the uncertainty of the economy. Others are taking advantage of low-interest rates, which is good for you.
- Property Values Remain High (for Now): It takes some time to see the depreciation value since the housing market tends to be stable in the short term. At this time, the value of your home is probably still high. A realtor can give you more information.
4 Simple Ways to Make Your Home Ready to Sell
Here are a few tips to get your home ready to be put on the market:
- Move Out. Now is the perfect time to move out of your home and into a retirement community. It is much easier to stage a home, as well as have potential buyers visit the property if you are not living in it.
- Screen Potential Buyers to Consider those Pre-Approved for a Mortgage. This helps you ensure you are getting only serious buyers looking over your property.
- Utilize Technology to Its Fullest. Offer live video chats if you can or virtual tours.
- Keep Things Clean. Have some disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer available for visitors. Use timers to turn on lights and limit the need for people to touch surfaces.
Discover the Joy of Your Golden Years at Wesley Enhanced Living
Make the most of the real estate market and place your home for sale, then check out our communities at Wesley Enhanced Living. We offer you a safe, affordable option to enjoy making new memories and friends. We provide a range of living options to fit your needs, such as independent living, personal care, or rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. Check us out today!
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.