It’s always important to stay connected to the relationships that are meaningful to us. When families and friends are strewn across the country or the world, it can be hard to maintain those relationships. Add in a worldwide pandemic, and it may seem even harder to stay in touch with your loved ones. The good news is video conferencing technology — accessible, easy to use, and very often, free!
Reconnect with your loved ones when you utilize video chat platforms such as Zoom, FaceTime, and WhatsApp. At Wesley Enhanced Living, our team stands ready to assist you in anything you might need including accessing these apps and helping you join in on your virtual family time.
Learn How to Use Zoom, Facetime, and WhatsApp
You don’t have to shy away from learning something new. Here are some very basic steps to use three popular platforms:Zoom: A video conferencing platform, Zoom allows you to see and speak with family in real-time. Ideally, you will want to use your laptop or computer with a video camera. You can also install the app on your smartphone.
Once you receive your invitation link, generally via email, you can click on the link, and it will take you into the meeting room.
If you have not used Zoom before, you will be asked to download the software or app.
You will be asked if you want to join via video or audio-only.
Sometimes you have to unmute yourself upon entering the room.
You can learn more by going to Zoom’s Help Center. This article can help.
FaceTime: If you and your loved ones have an Apple device, you can use the FaceTime app to chat with one another.
- First, you need to enable FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Look for a green square with a white video camera in it.
- Next, you can tap on the FaceTime icon, then tap on the plus sign, and type the person’s phone number or email address.
- Learn more when you check out this AARP article.
WhatsApp: Connect with family through WhatsApp with these basic steps. Find out more here.
- Install the WhatsApp Messenger app. It’s free.
- You will need to open the app and let it have access to your contacts.
- To send a message, tap the “Chats” button.
- Tap “New Chat” and then tap on the person you would like to reach out to.
- Then tap on the phone icon.
- Once the call is connected, click on the video camera icon for video calls.
- Learn more through this WikiHow article.
Stay e-Connected with Family and Friends
Embrace the good things technology has to offer when you join in on a Zoom meeting or a FaceTime or WhatsApp call. Of course, nothing beats having live company. Your fellow residents and staff at Wesley Enhanced Living will be ready to chat, play a game, or join you in a new adventure as soon as restrictions are lifted. Enjoy a variety of living options, such as independent living, personal care, or rehabilitation, and skilled nursing and look forward to making new friends in person!
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.