Tips from the Team at Wesley Enhanced Living
As much as times change, they stay the same. Years ago, you could call your local grocer, tell him what you wanted, and soon a delivery person would be knocking on your door. Then local markets were overrun by big box stores and large chains boasting lower prices. All you have to do is drive to their location. It is interesting how the Internet allows a bit of the past to enter the 21st century. If you go online to your favorite store, you can purchase almost anything, including your weekly groceries. While an old concept, it sports new features such as sites with meal kits offering everything you need to make a tasty meal for you and a friend.
Having your groceries delivered to you is different than in days gone by. If you have a desire to skip the winter weather and let someone else bring you your food, then online grocery shopping may be the answer. You can even have them delivered to your new home at a Wesley Enhanced Living continuing care retirement community (CCRC). Why not enjoy your retirement years meeting new friends and benefit from a little pampering?
5 Ways to Make the Most of Online Grocery Shopping
Before you get to your computer and start clicking away, consider these tips to make the most of your online grocery shopping experience:
- Look for a store that will deliver or ship to your location: You can start with your favorite grocery store, including the big box stores, and then branch out to a variety of sites like:
- Look for bargains across different store sites: Once you have narrowed down a few websites you think you would like to use, spend time hunting down deals and getting the best price. Look at unit pricing to save money.
- Keep an eye on your shopping cart: It may be pretty simple to find a picture, think you have the right item, and then discover you ordered the wrong thing. Take the time to check and double check that you are buying exactly what you want.
- Remember to read the labels: Just because you are buying groceries from the comfort of your couch does not mean you should skimp on nutrition. If you would read the labels while standing in the store, then read them while shopping online.
- Utilize customer service: Stores want repeat buyers, so if you are not happy with something you ordered, let them know. They will work with you to make it right.
Service-Oriented Senior Living Begins at Wesley Enhanced Living
Online grocery shopping is all about serving the customer with convenience. At Wesley Enhanced Living, we offer our residents many opportunities to enjoy their later years in comfort while staying connected to others and engaging in fun activities. If you are ready for maintenance-free senior living, we can help. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.