Watching the seasons come and go is a feast for the senses. Winter is a time of rest for the earth. Spring shows off the beauty of new growth and fresh flowers while birds sing joyfully. Summer brings forth hot weather that enhances our lives with sunshine and outdoor activities. Then comes fall – that time of year when colors burst from trees, and we enjoy seasonal delights such as hot apple cider and pumpkin spice lattes. It’s also a reminder that the holidays are just around the corner.
Embrace all the seasons with fun and flair when you move to a community where other older adults enjoy seasonal activities as much as you do. From leisurely walks to see the changing leaves to long chats over cups of warm cider, our residents at Wesley Enhanced Living communities welcome fall with enthusiasm. This year, why not add a festive flair with some fun fall activities like:
- Fall-Themed Coloring Pages or Books: Bring color back into your life! A fresh pack of sharpened colored pencils and a few adult coloring pages make for a stress-free afternoon. It can be more fun with friends or the grandkids when they come to visit. It’s a great way to chat about life and growing up. Your grandchildren will have memories for a lifetime, even as they show you who can color those pages best!
- Fall-Themed Jigsaw Puzzle: Let the fun begin with a puzzle. Have fun with your new friends and keep your mind sharp. You can find a variety of styles, from easy to complex. Grab a warm beverage and gather good friends to start putting the edges together first. Work your way to the center and celebrate victory when you are all done.
- Take a Walk to Look at Fall Colors: As the earth starts progressing from summer to winter, we get the opportunity to watch that transition through the leaves on the trees. The fresh air is good for cleansing the lungs and enhancing your senses.
- Make an Autumn Door Decoration: Entice visitors with an autumn-themed wreath for your door. You may even want to make one with the gorgeous leaves you can pick up on your walks.
- Hold a Football Party: Enjoy some friendly cheering and competition as you and your friends dig into healthy snacks and watch your favorite teams. Better yet – why not head to the local high school and enjoy a game in person?
- Create Halloween Treats: Make bracelets or other trinkets to hand out to trick-or-treaters.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch: Head down to the local pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin or gourds for decorating. Instead of carving pumpkins, consider painting them instead.
- Extend Your Garden: Fall means that gardening season is coming to an end. But you can make it last longer. Bring your gardening skills indoors with a beautiful herb garden, succulents, or a bonsai tree.
Enjoy Fall with Fun Activities and Great Company at Wesley Enhanced Living
Celebrate each season for its uniqueness. Even as the air turns cooler and the trees begin to shed their leaves, it’s important to stay positive and active. Our seniors enjoy social activities, seasonal foods, and healthy living, no matter what the season. The team at Wesley Enhanced Living ensures you have abundant opportunities to make new friends and live life to the fullest, all year long. We believe that you are never too old to stop enjoying life. That’s why we offer a range of senior living options, such as independent living, personal care, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. Consider making a move to one of our communities today.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.