Novel Ideas from the Wesley Enhanced Living Team
Summer is the time for fun in the sun and exploring new destinations. As a senior, you have plenty of time to enjoy exciting adventures either solo or with family. Having the time to head out on a cruise or trip does not always mean you have the same stamina as you did in your younger years. With a little planning, you can still head off on your next excursion with confidence.
The golden years are not a time you need to stop enjoying life. Quite the contrary. You have lived a long life and learned many lessons along the way. You are in a fantastic place to fully appreciate the new experiences you will have. At a Wesley Enhanced Living continuing care retirement community (CCRC), our residents live life to the fullest through activities at the CCRC or heading out on holiday with family.
Make Traveling for Seniors Easier with these Tips
Take advantage of your enhanced leisure time when you use these tips before your next trip out:
- Pack Your Medications Separate from Your Regular Luggage: Whether traveling by plane, train, or automobile, you need to have quick, easy access to your medications. If your luggage gets lost, you will be glad you kept your prescriptions with you. Carry all prescription documentation from your doctor as well, in case you need to visit a doctor while on vacation.
- Make a Quick Trip to Your Doctor: When traveling out of the country, you may need additional vaccinations. Also, if you are crossing several time zones, you need to know how to take your prescriptions. It is a good idea to not only bring enough medication for your trip but also add a few days in case you experience delays. A visit to your doctor’s office can help you get all set.
- Try to Book a Non-Stop Flight Whenever Possible: Since you may not move as quickly as you used to, getting to a different gate in a limited amount of time can be difficult. The last thing you want to do is miss a connecting flight. Instead, try booking a non-stop flight, even if it costs a little more money.
- Travel with Family: Not only will you have a blast, but you will build fabulous memories along the way. Additionally, having family with you provides you with extra support and a sense of safety.
- Keep Track of What You Eat: There is no other time to try new dishes than when traveling away from home. Remember that you can easily overindulge and end up spending more time in your hotel room than you intended! Watch what you eat and enjoy new foods and drinks in moderation.
Embrace Traveling and Check Off the Adventures on that Bucket List!
Grab your suitcase and get ready to hit the road after you have prepared for your next trip. When you return home, enjoy sharing your adventures with your friends at Wesley Enhanced Living.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Please visit us to learn more or click here to request more information today.