Spring is a time of renewal as trees bud and the crocus plants break through the thawing ground to beckon in warm weather. As Mother Nature is throwing off the shackles of winter, many of us are ready to refresh our homes in anticipation of warmer temperatures through spring cleaning. For seniors, there may be memories of opening up all the windows, dusting, sweeping, and deep cleaning. There may be no other ritual as powerful for rejuvenation than having a good clear out.
Freshening up your living space takes on different aspects as we age and can no longer move heavy furniture or get down on our knees to clean baseboards.
Make Spring Cleaning Work for You
Grasp spring fever and give your home, apartment, or flat a whole new ambiance. You will quickly feel better and be ready to take on new adventures when you utilize these helpful suggestions:
- Start with a checklist. – Write down everything you would like to clean. Is there a hall closet that needs emptied? Do you want the carpet swept behind your couch? Get it down on paper.
- Enlist the help of others. – Once you know what you would like to accomplish, find some help. Ask the family to join you for a day or weekend of cleaning. If you live in a Wesley Enhanced Living community, ask a few friends to help. You can even offer to help them the following week.
- Start with eliminating clutter. – We all collect things over time. Eventually, unused items find their way into overstuffed closets and drawers. Too much confusion can affect your outlook and bring on negative emotions. Decide to bless others with your extras and give yourself the gift of a clean, uncluttered home.
- Make this year’s spring cleaning a safety check, too. – Take this opportunity to make your home a little safer. Here are a few areas you can focus on:
- Clean out the medicine cabinet of expired and unused prescriptions.
- Get rid of expired and stale food in cabinets and pantries.
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Assess the need for a change. – Spring also ushers in the feelings of needing to make changes. After taking care of all the items on your list, you may decide now is a good time to move to a retirement community. The communities of Wesley Enhanced Living offer a perfect place for you to enjoy new friends and adventures in a safe, well-kept environment.
Reconnect with Life this Spring – Wesley Enhanced Living Can Help
Embrace the renewal that spring brings when you move to a continuing care retirement community like Wesley Enhanced Living. Our team understands your need to keep living life to its fullest. Connect with new friends and experiences when you move here. Come on by and check it out for yourself!
Our residents at Wesley Enhanced Living retirement communities enjoy spring and the renewal it brings. Not only do we empower our residents to live fully, but we are also committed to nurturing them in their educational, recreational, social, and spiritual endeavors. We serve our seniors with lifestyle options including independent living, personal care services, rehabilitation, and long-term care.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services. We look forward to hearing from you!