The holiday season is associated with loads of fun activities such as baking, cooking, shopping, family gatherings, parties, and gift wrapping. There may be one activity which you have not considered but could be the most beneficial to your retirement future – a visit to a senior living community.
If you are considering moving into a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), now is a fabulous time to take a tour. Even though you are looking at floor plans, brochures, pictures, and talking with family, nothing beats getting out and exploring those communities in person.
5 Reasons to Visit a Continuing Care Retirement Community During the Holidays
Touring a continuing care community during the holiday season is one of the best times to experience their hospitality in full swing for many reasons:
- Warm and Welcoming Atmosphere. With holiday spirits high, no other time of year will express the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of a CCRC better than the holidays.
- More Family Members Available for the Visit. This time of year, finds more family interactions and distant family members home for visits than any other time of the year. The holidays are an ideal time to tour a retirement community together to determine if it is the right place for a future move.
- Numerous Activities to Experience. Many families have traditions during this season. CCRCs do too. From tree lighting to visiting holiday performers, social gatherings, bake sales, and craft groups, there are plenty of activities to experience and enjoy. You or your senior loved one will be able to get a sense of how a community keeps their residents engaged.
- Little Sense of Pressure. With all of the activities and events happening, the holiday season can be an excellent time to take a tour without feeling in any way obligated or pressured to make a commitment. This is especially helpful for those who are hesitant about moving into a senior living community.
- Potential Holiday Specials. Depending on the phase of research you are in, the holidays may be the perfect time to move into a community. Some CCRCs offer incentives including rent freezes, a free month, or discounted rent for new residents moving in during December. If you are ready to choose your community, this may be the perfect time of year to snag a deal.
See the decked halls with boughs of holly and experience some holiday cheer when you head out to a CCRC near you this holiday season. At Wesley Enhanced Living, we encourage our all our residents to engage with each other during this fun, festive time of the year. Call one of our Philadelphia and surrounding area locations to arrange a visit and see why our residents enjoy being here.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality retirement communities for you or your elderly loved ones. Please visit our care communities to learn more or click here to request more information today.