Shop Early with Suggestions from Your Friends at Wesley Enhanced Living!
You probably have one of “those” friends. The ones who absolutely love Christmas and often start the countdown on December 26th each year. Undoubtedly, they find cute little memes to post on social media of grown men dressed like elves screaming “only 12 more paydays until Christmas!” While some have been shopping the after-holiday sales in anticipation of the next gift-giving season, other among us need more help. Struggling to find gifts for loved ones can be frustrating, but what do you buy someone who says they do not need anything?
Choosing the right gift to make your senior smile is possible when you think outside the box. At Wesley Enhanced Living retirement communities, we love making the holiday season special for our residents and their guests. Our services include a variety of activities to keep your senior enjoying life and learning new hobbies; just the thing you might need when searching for a gift.
Holiday Gifts with Your Senior in Mind
Santa may have to deliver millions of packages around the world in a single night, but he has a list and elves to help. Since you do not have access to your own North Pole toy shop, let us give you a leg up on your shopping with these ideas:
- Dr. Grip Pen: Mom may love to pen letters or work crossword puzzles, but arthritis may prevent her from her favorite hobby. This pen is ergonomically designed to aid those who cannot grip a pen easily.
- Hickies No Tie Lacing System: Dad can easily slip on his shoes with this lacing system. Arthritic hands and sore back no longer have to struggle with bending to tie shoelaces.
- Motion Sensor Light Switches: What better way to keep safe than by illuminating the hallway, bathroom, or kitchen? Mom can grab a midnight snack and not worry about tripping over a table in a dark room.
- Kanaryware Window Bird Feeder: Help your loved one get in touch with nature by hanging out a window bird feeder.
- Brainteasers: Give your seniors a way to keep their mind sharp with a book of brainteasers.
- Experiences: It is so easy to get caught up with day-to-day living that you forget Mom and Dad would love the occasional outing. Instead of buying a gift, why not create an experience that builds memories? Get the whole family involved with ideas, like:
- Breakfast (or lunch) out with a grandchild
- Taking in a play or concert
- A trip to the zoo
- Long, lazy drive to the country with lunch
- Plan a family party – without gifts – and share memories instead
Make Your Senior Smile with the Perfect Gift
Give the gift that makes life easier and more enjoyable for your beloved family member. The retirement communities at Wesley Enhanced Living encourage families to make the most of each holiday. Whether your senior or you are looking for independent living, personal care, or skilled nursing care, spend your next holidays among friends.
Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Please visit our website to learn more or click here to request more information about our communities today.