As a caregiver, you have a lot on your plate. You must take charge of your elderly loved one’s routine, get them to their appointments, and ensure that they are eating well and taking care of themselves. In addition, you may have a full-time career and a family of your own to manage. Often, you may find yourself putting others’ needs in front of your own. The result can leave you feeling overwhelmed from time to time. Today’s technology can ease your burden and help you become more organized so you can stay on top of your day-to-day caregiving duties.
Wesley Enhanced Living communities can also help you with caring for your loved one. Our dedicated team of professionals understands the needs of the elderly and strives to bring them the best quality of life through proper nutrition, exercise, and social engagement. We offer a wide range of lifestyle options, all with the goal of enhanced senior living.
7 Apps to Make Caregiving Easier
Who doesn’t want their duties to be a little easier to handle? Technology has some useful solutions with these apps:
- CareBetter: Being a caregiver can sometimes get lonely. It helps to join a community of people who are serving loved ones suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Not only can you get great ideas, support others, and share valuable resources, you can also get your questions answered, and benefit from useful, experienced advice.
- CareZone: Use this app to keep your loved ones’ health information organized in one place. You can scan pill bottles to create lists of medications that can be shared with physicians. Receive automatic reminders to take prescription medications and get refills. Make tracking blood sugar and blood pressure simpler. Get your medications delivered to your door instead of having to go to the pharmacy. You may be able to save some money on health insurance as well.
- CaringBridge: Whether your family lives across the country or town, sharing the details of your senior’s health is possible with this app. Share health updates, photos, and videos. Customize settings so only those who need to be updated can see what you upload . Organize help by rallying family and friends through the app. Additionally, you can set up a GoFundMe page to raise funds to pay for caregiving and medical costs.
- First Aid: Everyone can benefit from having first aid and CPR knowledge. It is a must-have for caregivers. The American Red Cross created this First Aid app to help you with instructions that are clear and concise. The app does not take the place of official training; however, it offers step-by-step instructions for everyday first aid scenarios and includes a 9-1-1 call button.
- Headspace: Caregiving is exceptionally rewarding, but can be stressful too. Headspace gives you the resources you need for reducing stress and getting better sleep. Look here for helpful guided meditation and support during times of crisis.
- MedHelper: Utilize this app to maintain prescriptions and to schedule proper medicine intake and appointments. Often, seniors have a complex regimen of medications. This easy and full-featured app also helps you track vitals and make notes to share with your loved one’s doctors.
- Symple: Keep track of your aging loved one’s diet, sleep, meals, reactions to medications, and much more. You can build a list of questions to ask your senior’s doctors and view past data through the interactive calendar.
Take Advantage of Technology and Seek Hands-On Assistance when You Need it
Get the assistance you need through these helpful apps and reach out to the team at Wesley Enhanced Living. We take senior living seriously, with many options from which you can choose, including independent living, personal care, and rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. Contact us today and discover for yourself why our seniors love it here.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own and inform you of our range of services. Virtual tours are now available. Call us today for more information.