Make Your Elderly Parents Feel Super Special this Year!
Valentine’s Day is often associated with couples falling in love. Millions of dollars are spent every year on flowers, cards, chocolates and expensive gifts. Truth is, the day isn’t just for couples to celebrate. Everyone can enjoy a little extra love, especially in the middle of a dreary winter. Seniors, in particular, look forward to a bit of pick-me-up excitement. Make Mom and Dad’s day when you plan special activities with them in mind. Reap the benefits of spending time together and building some fun memories.
Keep the good times rolling from the recent holiday season by making new traditions over Valentine’s Day. The team at Wesley Enhanced Living loves to plan events and parties to keep you or your senior socially engaged. Not only do we serve the social needs of our residents, but we also strive to meet their physical and nutritional needs. Enjoy all the benefits when you or your senior makes a move to one of our communities.
5 Suggestions for Fun Valentine’s Day Activities to Enjoy with Your Senior
Have some extra fun with your elderly loved one this February 14th. Here are a few ideas:
- Plan a celebration. The good times don’t have to end with Christmas and New Year’s holiday parties. Plan a little party for Valentine’s Day. Create some decorations such as cut-out colored hearts or garland chains. Invite family and friends for a potluck and let the fun begin!
- Play some Valentine-themed games. Check online for bingo games, jigsaw-styled puzzles, word searches, or Sudoku puzzles. You can even find some coloring pages. These will be fun things that guests of all ages can enjoy. (Fun tip: When playing bingo, use chocolate candies for markers!)
- Make homemade cookies and treats. Get your mom back into the kitchen to bake some heart-shaped cookies or put together some fruit kabobs. Create some great memories along with your delicious food.
- Have a classic romantic movie night. Bring on the popcorn and drinks and enjoy an old classic like An Affair to Remember or a romantic comedy like 50 First Dates. You can bring old and young together to see how things have changed between on-screen couples over the decades, and it gives everyone a great chance to ask Mom (aka Grandma) about first meeting Dad (aka Grandpa).
- Give back to the community. If your senior loves to knit, crochet, or sew, find easy projects that you can make together to give to local shelters. For example, no-sew fleece blankets or knitted scarves and hats may fit the occasion.
Have Valentine Fun with Your Senior
Find time to bring extra joy to your aging loved one when you surprise them with Valentine’s Day activities. You can bring the party to them if they reside in a Wesley Enhanced Living community. You can meet Mom’s new friends and all of you can have a grand time celebrating the season of love. Meet our team and see why our seniors love it here!
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.