Understanding the type of care your loved one can receive at an continuing care retirement community helps you make the best decisions for the welfare of your family member. Just because mom is not sick, does not mean she may not benefit from skilled nursing care. If she has escalating health issues requiring a high-level of medical care, then being in a facility that offers skilled nursing can help. If dad is recovering from surgery and you are not able to care for him 24/7, a retirement home with trained nurses may be the answer. At Wesley Enhanced Living, you or your loved one will receive the highest level of medical care available without being in a hospital. Our nursing staff is available 24 hours a day to monitor your progress.
Understanding Skilled Nursing Care
Here is a list of the 5 main categories of nursing care services you can expect at continuing care retirement community:
- Medical Care: You have access to health care and the overseeing of medication and treatment as prescribed by your doctor. Wesley Enhanced Living also offers care for those suffering memory loss through Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Nursing Care: As this category suggests, nursing care includes having skilled nursing staff on hand to monitor your vital signs and administer any medications.
- Rehabilitation Care: If you or a loved one needs to recover from an illness or surgery, we can help you get back on your feet and back in your home. You may receive physical, occupational, or speech therapy during your time of recovery.
- Personal Care: Sometimes all you need is some help with daily hygiene, dressing, eating, or even walking. Our skilled and caring staff can be that extra set of hands and feet to help you continue enjoying life.
- Hospice Care: Some nursing homes help individuals nearing the end of their life. They can provide the comfort needed in a patient’s last days.
When mom or dad’s health issues escalate to the point that in-home health care is no longer manageable, it may be time to move them to an independent living facility. Even if mom is not sick, our skilled nurses
can help her rehabilitate. Our staff at Wesley Enhanced Living is trained to provide the best care possible outside of a hospital. Talk to the staff at any of our Philadelphia area locations and see why our seniors love it here. One of our staff members will be glad to show you around, inform you of our services, and discuss your needs.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior living for you or your loved ones. Please visit our continuing care retirement communities to learn more or click here to request more information today.