If you spent any time serving the nation’s military on foreign soil or here at home, you understand the sacrifices made. You served your country well and now deserve to take advantages of the many benefits the Veteran’s Administration has to offer for senior care needs.
Seek out your VA benefits, available to residents living in personal care, while living at a Wesley Enhanced Living community. We offer different lifestyle options to ensure you enjoy living life to its fullest as you age. Discover the best living alternative for you, including independent living, personal care, skilled nursing, and memory care.
Key Veterans Benefits to Keep in Mind
One perk of serving in active duty is the benefits, including healthcare, vision, and dental care. After you leave the military, you lose these opportunities; however, there are some items to keep in mind:
- Medical Benefits Package: You may still be eligible for medical benefits if you are 50 percent or greater disabled, a former POW, or fall within certain income limits. In general, here are some services you can obtain:
- Outpatient medical, surgical, and mental health care
- Inpatient hospital, medical, surgical, and psychological health care
- Prescription drugs
- Professional counseling
- Medical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Preventative care
- Respite, hospice, and palliative care
- Hearing and Vision: There are specific criteria you must meet. Here are a few:
- Former Prisoner of War
- Purple Heart recipients
- Veterans already receiving care from the VA for diseases or another medical condition
- Dental Care: Depending on what class you fall into, you may be eligible for full or partial dental care.
- Life Insurance: If you are concerned about having enough life insurance for you or your spouse, you may be able to obtain more through the VA.
- Burial Benefits: Few of us enjoy talking about our death, but as a responsible veteran, you understand the benefit of relieving your family of this pressure when you pass.
To see what veteran benefits you may qualify for, you can call 1-877-222-8387 Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. or apply online.
Enjoy More in Life After Retirement at Wesley Enhanced Living
As you take advantage of your VA benefits, consider the advantages of moving to a continuing care retirement community at Wesley Enhanced Living. We offer our seniors a sense of peace and security while providing nutritious meals, opportunities for socialization, and other recreational activities. Come by and see what we have to offer!
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.