Suggestions for Senior Discounts from Your Friends at Wesley Enhanced Living
You spent years working hard for your money so you could retire in peace and comfort. Retirement has its benefits. You can sleep in, go where you want when you want, and no longer answer to a boss. At the same time, you are dependent on savings, investments, and social security. That means your income is limited and often fixed. It does not mean, however, that you cannot still go out and have a good time, buy new clothes, or take trips.
At Wesley Enhanced Living retirement communities, we encourage our residents to make the most of their golden years and take advantage of every dollar and discount available. Save your money on the incidentals, so you can do the things you want to do. That goes for your living arrangements, too. Nothing is better than getting great value and living among friends such as what our communities offer.
Find Your Favorite Discount Where You Least Expect It
We all love to find a good bargain. It is like finding a lost treasure. It gets even better as you age. Consider these suggestions for senior discounts:
- Travel – If you have always wanted to take a train trip, then consider the discounts available on Amtrak. Many major airlines will offer a discount on your flight. Be sure to contact the airline to see what may be available. Remember when you book a hotel room to check for any special pricing offered.
- National Parks – Since 1916, Americans have loved venturing back to nature through our national park system. As a senior, you can head to Yellow Stone or Zion Park for less money than your younger counterparts. For example, you can get an annual pass for $20 instead of $80.
- Clothing – Many retailers offer a break on their apparel and wares. Sometimes they even offer a Senior Citizens day on a specific day of the week. A couple of stores to take advantage of are Kohls and Goodwill.
- Auto Parts and Care – Remember to ask for a price break on any car parts at some of the national chain stores. You could save money on tires, repairs, and maintenance items. Some stores include Pep Boys and Jiffy Lube.
- Drug Stores – When you are waiting to have your prescriptions filled, take advantage of some of life’s necessities while saving money.
- Restaurants – No list would be complete without mentioning restaurants. Many popular restaurants see the value of repeat business from their elderly customers and provide special menus at great prices. When you order, ask your server if they offer a senior discount.
Keep More Money in Your Pocket with Senior Discounts
Make your dollar stretch further when you take advantage of senior discounts at your favorite places to shop. In addition, our retirement communities at Wesley Enhanced Living give you the best value for your money. We offer health-conscious menus with opportunities to stay physically active and make new social connections. It does not matter if you are looking for independent living, personal care, or skilled nursing care, we can help you enjoy this exciting season of life.
Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.