Wesley Enhanced Living is committed to being as aggressive as we can be in taking measures to protect our residents and employees from exposure to and spread of COVID-19. At this time, there are no known cases in any of our six senior living communities or our corporate office. The World Health Organization has now deemed COVID-19 a pandemic; given the increasing need for precautions regarding transmission, we have put protocols in place to minimize risk:
- All communities are closed to visitors. Our staff will be available to assist residents with technology to aid in virtual visits through FaceTime, Skype and WhatsApp.
- Outside individuals who are required to enter a community, for example, construction workers, are required to go through a multi-step screening process before gaining access to any of our buildings and will be given only limited access to necessary areas of the building.
- We will continue, under extremely controlled conditions, to provide tours to prospective residents on a limited basis. Technology will also be used to facilitate tours when appropriate.
- Open houses and group events will be cancelled until further notice.
- All outside trips will be cancelled.
- We request that routine physician visits be cancelled, and visits to doctor’s offices should only take place for medically necessary treatments and conditions.
- Residents will be discouraged from leaving the community, and especially asked not to participate in large group outings or events at outside venues.
- All activities and worship services within the community involving outside vendors will be cancelled for the time being.
- Residents are asked to follow CDC guidelines which have proven effective in stopping the spread of illness, including frequent handwashing, using hand sanitizer, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, staying home if you are sick, and avoiding contact with others who are sick.
- Employees will be screened and monitored for illness, and asked to leave the community if symptoms appear.
- We will continue to evaluate the need to provide all types of personal protective equipment.
- Employees are required to follow CDC guidelines to help stop the spread of illness, listed above.
- Already robust cleaning protocols within common areas of the community, which are standard during flu season, will remain in place.
- Desks, computers, time clocks, door knobs , etc. will be cleaned with disinfectants frequently.
Our medical directors have reviewed and approved current practices; we are monitoring the situation closely and will make adjustments as necessary.
For continual updates regarding the coronavirus, please visit the CDC website, www.cdc.gov, and for particular guidance regarding work, home, and school safety, please see their recommendations here.
We are dedicated to providing a safe and healthy environment for our residents and employees, and the well -being of all is our upmost priority. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this situation together.
Jeff PettyPresident and CEO