Dear Residents, Families and Staff,
- The positivity rate for Pennsylvania has decreased from 18.5% to 12.7% in the past week. For Montgomery County the positivity rate has decreased from 13.8% to 9.8%. These changes are optimistically welcomed.
- As a result of the current rate declining, we are updating our requirements regarding use of the Accushield and Visitation.
- Effective today, independent (IL) residents do not need to use the Accushield. We will monitor the positivity rates to determine if there is a need to reinstitute use in the future.
- PC residents must continue to use the Accushield upon entering and exiting Upper Moreland.
- Visitors are limited to 6 visitors per apartment over the age of 5. Masks must be worn at all times. I encourage you to only have visitors who have been vaccinated.
- If you have any symptoms or known exposure, please contact the Care office (215) 302-3751 for guidance and instructions.
- All residents, staff and visitors are required to always wear a mask except while taking a drink or eating food. A mask must be worn while sitting at a table while not eating or drinking.
- Properly wearing a mask involves having the mouth and nose covered. Staff have been instructed to remind residents, visitors, and other staff members to properly wear a mask.
I would ask everyone who receives this memo to try to keep encouraging those you know who have not received the vaccine or booster to do their part! Please vaccinate, don’t procrastinate.
Thank you and stay WEL!