Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
In order to be completely transparent regarding COVID activity in the community, we are sharing information regarding positive cases for both Independent Living and Personal Care.
We have had no new positive cases of COVID-19 since the last update.
We remain under restrictions until further notice! No visitation except medical personnel and you may only leave Upper Moreland for medically necessary physician visits.
There is to be no gathering within apartments or common areas.
Entrances and Access:
We are excited to announce that we now have the Airphone video entry system fully installed and functional. The remote entry system is installed at the PC side door, rear door & garage elevator. Residents must continue to first screen in at the front lobby & can then proceed to any of these doors for easy access back into the building by the remote system. The remote entry button can be found on the wall at each of these entrances.
Health and Wellness:
- If a resident goes to the hospital and tests positive in ER, and returns same day – The resident will Quarantine for 14 days with daily phone checks.
- If a resident goes to the hospital and tests positive for COVID and is admitted, upon return the resident will Quarantine for 14 days from date of testing positive.
- If a resident goes to the hospital and tests negative for COVID and is admitted for medical reasons, the resident will follow the current community-wide restrictions upon return to the community.
- If a resident goes to hospital and tests negative in ER, the resident will follow the current community-wide restrictions upon return to the community.
- If a resident goes to the hospital for a same day procedure, the resident will follow the current community-wide restrictions upon return to the community.
All Residents: If you experience ANY symptoms of a fever, new or persistent cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, chills, headache, muscle aches, sore throat, congestion, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, or sudden onset of fatigue You Must inform the Wellness Center and contact your personal physician.
Residents, if you are ill and/or in the process of being tested for COVID-19, you are to inform the Wellness Center and remain confined to your apartment. Once you receive results from testing please notify the Wellness Center for further instructions.
If you have had a visit or visited anyone in the past 14 days who has tested positive or who has COVID-19 symptoms please notify our Resident Services Manager, Craig Vinciguerra, at 215-302-3750 to enable contact tracing. This is imperative that we are aware of any possible resident exposures.
IL Vaccine Clinic:
The positivity rate for Montgomery County is currently 6% which is up from the previous week’s percentage of 5.8%.
Personal Care has 96% of the residents vaccinated including 1 who will receive their second dose tomorrow. Independent Living has 86% with at least one dose and most are receiving the second dose on Tuesday March 16th.
The second dose Independent Living vaccine clinic is scheduled for Tuesday March 16th.
If you have been vaccinated or are scheduled to be vaccinated at another location please contact Beth Cataldi at (215) 302-3741 to register your vaccination information.
We hope to be able to lift most of the restrictions about 2 weeks after the majority of the residents receive their second dose of vaccine. Our plan is to resume Church service on Easter morning and provide all residents with a complimentary Easter Dinner. Please watch for further announcements about dining and activities.
The best defense is wearing masks to cover the mouth and nose. Also practicing social distancing by maintain 6 feet of separation from others.
Please help us: “Resist the Urge and Help Fight the Surge!”
Thank you for your ongoing patience, partnership and understanding during this unprecedented time.