Dear Residents, Families, and staff,
As I return from vacation, I have been informed that one of our residents has tested positive with a laboratory PCR test for Covid-19 on Friday July 22nd. The resident has been isolated since testing on July 21st and will remain isolated until Friday July 29th. This is the first resident who has tested positive for Covid-19 while residing at Burholme. No other residents who had contact are showing signs or symptoms.
The positivity rate for Pennsylvania has increased from 15.3% to 15.7% in the past week. For Philadelphia County, the positivity rate has increased from 13.4% to 13.7%. These percentages are alarming and keep us at high alert. High Alert requires wearing masks in all indoor environments, not just ours at Burholme.
Concern: Gatherings with close contact and no masks.
- Guests from outside the WEL Burholme community (Visitors)
- Visiting others away from WEL Burholme community (Visiting Others)
- Proper Mask wearing
- Large gatherings with close proximity
- Unvaccinated Individuals
Mitigation of the Concerns:
- Limit or restrict guests from outside the WEL Burholme community (Visitors).
- Limit or avoid visiting others away from WEL Burholme community (Visiting Others).
- Always wear a properly fitted mask covering your mouth and nose. Please wash your hands and sanitize often.
I would ask everyone who receives this memo to keep encouraging those you know who have not received the vaccine or booster to do their part! Please vaccinate, don’t procrastinate.
Thank you and stay WEL!