Effective October 5, 2020
Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to maintain the highest level of protection for our residents during this Covid-19 Pandemic realizing our residents are the most vulnerable to this virus.
Policy: The facility will allow visitation following the guidelines from DHS, CDC, CMS and Pennsylvania Department of Health and County Health Department in order to maintain the safety of the residents and staff that work in the facility during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- The facility will closely monitor and adjust this policy per DHS, CDC, CMS, Pennsylvania Department of Health and the County Health Department.
- This policy may also be adjusted if there is a positive Covid-19 cases within the community or facility.
- The Executive Director and Personal Care Home Administrator will consult with the Medical Director, medical staff and local hospitals if there is a change in the community or facility with regard to Covid-19.
- Window and Skype visits can continue.
- Families that wish to have an in-person visit with their family members will make an appointment with the PCHA or Resident Life Director.
- During the call for the appointment the family will be screened for travel. If the family member traveled to an area that appears on the PA DOH travel alert area the appointment will not be made.
- Scheduled visitation times will be established.
- Visitors under the age of 18 will not be permitted.
- Residents may have two visitors at one time.
- Visitation will be limited to one resident at a time due to the need for social distancing.
- Visits will be limited to 45 minutes and will take place in the Theater.
- Residents and families will be asked to limit visits to twice per month in order to allow all residents the opportunity to have a visit with their family.
- Visitors will not be permitted in any other areas of the community.
- Masks or face coverings will be mandatory at all times when on the community property.
- Upon arrival to the community visitors should enter through the main entrance (All other entrances will remain closed).
- If a visitor arrives early, they should telephone the front desk to inquire if they are able to enter the building early.
- Upon entering the main entrance the visitor should use the hand sanitizer and then will be screened by having their temperature taken and answering a few questions.
- Visitors will not be permitted for the following reasons:
- Temperature above 100
- Travel to an area that is of high risk within the last 14 days i.e. a country or a state that is experiencing a high volume of community spread.
- Showing symptoms of Covid-19 i.e. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, GI symptoms, lack of smell or taste, general malaise etc.
- Once the screening process is complete the visitors will be escorted to the Theater for the visit.
- During the visit the resident and the visitors must remain 6 feet apart in order to maintain social distancing.
- No eating or drinking is allowed during the visit to prevent removing masks.
- During visitation a staff member will monitor to ensure that all safety measures are being followed.
- After the visit (scheduled visiting times) the visitors will be taken to the front entrance to exit the facility.
- Due to scheduling, if visitors are late for their scheduled visiting time, their time may not be extended to meet the 45 minutes of visitation.
- The resident will be assisted back to their room.
- The chairs and table used during the visit will be sanitized before the next visitation.
Continuing until further notice and guidance from Department of Human Services residents are not allowed to leave the community with the exception of medical related appointments.
Questions or concerns can be addressed with Dan Frost, Executive Director or Sis Wichterman, Personal Care Administrator.