Dear Residents, Family members, and Employees:
Thank you for your ongoing compliance and partnership during the COVID 19 pandemic. I know that the last 80 days have felt like 800 days! We have all been patiently waiting for the time when Governor Wolfe permits Montgomery County to move to a Yellow Phase related COVID 19 which we now know will be Friday June 5, 2020. This does not mean that WEL has to move to YELLOW and/or adopt all changes at the state or county level. In fact, we are closely reviewing the guidance put out from the Department of Health and the Department of Human Services which licenses our Personal Care settings. The recommendations for Congregate Care/Personal Care remain more stringent that what is allowed for the remainder of the county. I am working with our Leadership on campus and the Leadership across WEL to come up with reasonable and consistent guidelines, policies and protocols for residents residing in both Independent Living and Personal Care. These may be different depending on the setting and the changes all may not happen exactly on June 5th.
- All residents must wear masks on campus. Cloth masks can be obtained at the Front Desk beginning 3pm Wednesday 6-3-20.
- Quarantine is lifted and will no longer be required for those leaving campus.
- Residents residing in Independent Living may leave campus.
- Residents should wear a mask when in the car with someone other than a spouse.
- Residents should wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Residents should refrain from touching their face.
- Residents should limit their visits and contact at the:
- Grocery store
- Take out restaurants
- Other retail
- All residents who enter/leave the main building will be screened and temperature will be taken upon entry/exit.
- Residents residing in Personal Care will be able to leave campus beginning Monday June 15th. Based on DHS, DOH and CDC guidelines we are exercising caution for our residents residing in Personal Care.
Effective June 8th:
- Communal Dining will resume (3 meals/day) for residents residing in Personal Care Only beginning at Lunchtime on Monday 6-8-20.
- There will be an expanded dinner menu for IL residents.
- Delivery to IL floors will cease and delivery fees will resume.
- Dinner from the Main Kitchen will be available for “Pick up” for IL residents.
- The Bistro will continue to be open with “Take Out” options for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Monday thru Friday.
- The Bistro will be open 8-11am on Weekends for coffee and light breakfast items beginning June 13th.
There continues to be No Social Visiting on the WEL UM Campus until further notice. If family/friends want to schedule a visit, through a window, the request must come through our reception desk and we are happy to accommodate with advanced notice. Healthcare professionals (physicians, nurses, therapists) will be permitted to enter campus as will staff from a licensed agency; no private duty or family caregivers will be permitted. All approved/essential visitors will be required to complete a health screening, including temperature check. Healthcare staff indicating exposure to COVID 19 will be required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when caring for a resident, including mask, goggles, face shield, gloves, and gown.
Next week we will be sharing more information with you about increased transportation options for essential services and Enhanced Living scheduled trips as well as increased activities and programs.
As per the governor’s order during the YELLOW phase, our gym will continue to be closed. We will also be resuming Housekeeping in the near future. Contactless tours are also available with our Sales Department; these are limited to appointment only, limited numbers and all screenings and policies apply.
All of our cleaning and sanitizing procedures in common areas will continue, staff will continue to be screened and mask and we will be reinforcing social distancing for all people on campus. Social distancing and good infection control practices have kept our campus free of COVID 19. We have all enjoyed the benefits of being COVID free. We urge you to continue to Social Distance, Wash Your Hand, Use Hand Sanitizer and Wear A Mask when off of the WEL UM campus. With residents going out into Montgomery County, we know exposure and risk of contracting COVID increases greatly. It is likely that as residents leave campus and are exposed in the greater community, we will experience cases of COVID 19 on our campus. If and when this happens, restrictions will go back into place as needed to contain the spread of the virus. As we know, this virus is unpredictable and spreads quickly, so it will be important for us to act swiftly. We are prepared with plans and Personal Protective Equipment and
There will be more communications to follow as policies, procedures and protocols continue to change. If there are questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Again, thank you for your partnership, your patience and your understanding as we work through Phase II/YELLOW for the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Protect yourself and protect our community:
Social Distance, Wash Your Hands, Use Hand Sanitizer and Wear Your Mask!