Dear Upper Moreland Residents and Families,
I hope you all had an enjoyable July 4th Holiday Weekend! I am sure it was quieter than July 4ths of the past; things are certainly more low key these days. We continue to be COVID free for residents and employees at Upper Moreland and Burholme. Everyone is doing a great job! Please continue to wear your masks, wash and sanitize your hands and social distance. All of these steps are clearly working in protecting you and in protecting our staff.
I have visited the dining room during dinner service. It was nice to see people returning to the dining room, especially with all of our new furniture and artwork in place! Many of you were surprised to see that. The number of reservations continues to be moderate and understandably, take out and the Bistro continues to be a preferred option. We are taking baby steps with dining and will likely make some more changes with opening reservations in the near future.
Tomorrow we welcome visitors for Residents residing in Independent Living into the main building. We are asking the following of these visitors:
- All visitors must wear masks at all times on campus.
- Visitors must enter and exit at the Main Entrance to be screened and sanitize before and after visiting.
- No more than 2 visitors at a time in an apartment.
- Visits must take place in the residents’ private apartments; no visiting in common areas.
- Please remind your visitors that there should only be 2 people in the elevator at a time in order to allow for Social Distancing.
- Visitors are not permitted in dining venues nor at the Bistro.
- Visitors are requested to limit the time spent on campus and there are no overnight guests permitted in the main building at this time.
For residents residing in Personal Care, please have your family call the front desk to schedule a Compassionate Care visit as the Department of Human Services is still restricting visitors.
For Independent Living Residents, please remind your visitors to abide by our protocols as we have them in place to keep you, your friends and neighbors, and our staff safe. If there are any questions please call the front desk or contact me.
Welcome to your family and friends and enjoy spending time with them.
Be safe and be WEL!