Dear Residents, Families and Staff,
At 1:50pm the fire alarm sounded at WEL Doylestown. It was determined that there was smoke coming from the 2nd floor kitchen’s dish machine; Personal Care staff safely evacuated the Residents in rooms 221 through 235 to the Beauty Shop area on the other side of the building. All residents were accounted for; the Fire Marshall along with the Fire Department arrived and determined that there was not a fire but rather smoke coming from the dish machine. The breaker to the dish machine was shut off and we will have the unit serviced and deemed safe prior to use. At 2:30pm the Fire Marshall stated that the scene is clear and the Residents can return to their rooms.
Thank you to our staff and the Doylestown Fire and Police Department for their quick response in keeping the residents of Doylestown safe.