Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Philadelphia remains high and the positivity rate down slightly to 3.2%, we continue to have no new cases. Remember, masks must be worn covering your nose and mouth, throughout the community. Masks are required in public areas, regardless of how many people are around, or if no one is.
We are happy to report that the flu and COVID booster clinics went very well. There will be one more date upcoming for boosters. More information will be provided shortly. If you have not received your COVID vaccination, you may receive it during the clinic, regardless of whether it would be your first, second or booster shot. Pfizer and Moderna will be available.
We will be moving forward with implementation of the “SARA” system, as scheduled. Personal Care residents will be the first to receive their call pendant and directions on use. For Independent Living residents, we will begin assigning pendants on Tuesday, November 2. Please see the attached directions for distribution of the SARA pendant.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at the email address email@example.com or by phone at 267.348.3340.
Suzanne H. Lachman, LNHA
STATUS SOLUTIONS SARA PENDANT SYSTEM
INDEPENDENT LIVING DISTRIBUTION PROCESS – Masks Are Required
Large Conference Room – located on the 2nd floor Administrative Office Area
Tuesday, November 2 from 1 – 2:30 A thru H Residents
Wednesday, November 3 from 10 – 11:30 I thru P Residents
Thursday, November 4 from 10 – 11:30 R thru Z Residents
*If you have a physician’s appointment, please let one of us know so we can get you into a different day/time.
Chris Baldwin, Ryan Lang and Suzanne Lachman
- Come to the Large Conference Room and remain in the hallway for your turn to enter.
- Your photo will be taken for identification in the system (this will enhanced the employee’s ability to identify residents, in the event someone cannot speak).
- Receive your assigned pendant and receive brief direction on how to use the pendant. ALL pendants are programmed and assigned to specific residents.
- Proceed to sign for receipt of your pendant.
Need to Know:
- DO NOT use the old call system in your apartment once you have received your pendant.
- Pendants should be worn at all times and are waterproof.
- To activate, push the dark grey center of the pendant for approximately two (2) seconds and it will flash red and vibrate, indicating it has been activated.
- The system will identify points closest to where you are in need of help.
- Pendants work within the community and not outside/off premises.
- There will be a $235.00 fee to replace the pendant, if lost or broken due to abuse. The fee covers the cost of the pendant and the labor to record, program and issue the new pendant; removal of the old pendant from the system.
The week of November 8, the maintenance staff will be coming to each apartment to remove the old system, Teletron boxes, from each room where they are installed.