Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Pennsylvania remains at 25+%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate remains high and the 7-day metric for positivity as of today is 20.59%, which is a 1.32% decline of since January 25th.
Since my last communication to you on January 21st, we have had 3 more positive cases, 2 of which are residents in our Health Center, and 1 Independent Living Resident. In all cases, we have done contact tracing and contacted anyone who was exposed. We will continue to do rapid testing at various intervals in the Health Center.
The team at Wesley Doylestown empathize with how difficult it is to not have in-person Dining open. If we continue with the downward trend of cases in Independent Living and Personal Care, as well as the continued decline in the positivity rating, there is a strong possibility that we will reopen Dining the week after next, even if it is a modified version. I do need to decide by mid-week in order for us to ensure we have the appropriate types of meals available to serve for in-person dining. Unfortunately, with the increase of cases in the Health Center, reopening the dining room will be delayed longer.
As you are aware, visiting is allowed. However, given the current situation with COVID, please consider not visiting for now. If you choose to visit, please remember the following:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community, and have isolated for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons).
- Hand hygiene is required.
- The number of visitors per resident is two at any given time.
- Wear a medical or respirator facemask during the entire visit (resident and visitor) that covers the nose and mouth.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after visit.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- Stay in resident’s apartment during visit.
- For the Health Center, while the Dining Room is closed, we are offering that area as a place to visit outside of the resident room.
- Sign in and provide contact information, and sign out upon departure
- Adhere to screening protocols.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct video visits.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 primary vaccine series and be up to date with all CDC recommended COVID-19 vaccines.
- Room visits are permitted in the Health Center IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
As a reminder, for any resident or employee who did not get the COVID-19 booster, we can provide it. We have also scheduled a Booster Clinic on February 1st from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Residents can inform the front desk of their interest, and employees need to notify their supervisor.
I truly appreciate your understanding and patience as we continue to work through the on-going obstacles we are faced with regarding the Pandemic. For any questions, you may contact me at email@example.com or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.