Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Pennsylvania remains at 25+%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate remains high and the 7-day metric for positivity as of today is 30.4%, which is a slight decline.
It is with deep sadness that I inform you we had an Independent Living Resident who did pass away in the hospital from COVID on January 14th. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Since my last communication to you on January 12th, we have had 4 more positive cases, 2 IL residents, 1 Health Center Resident and 1 Personal Care employee (who has not worked in the last 10-days). In all cases, we have done contact tracing and contacted anyone who was exposed. Given the close proximity of residents in the Health Center, we did rapid antigen tests today and all of the other residents were negative. We will continue to do rapid testing at various intervals in the Health Center Also, we will continue with these modified operations until the community has gone 14 days without a new case.
As you are aware, visiting is allowed. However, given the current situation with COVID, please consider not visiting for now. If you choose to visit, please remember the following:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- The number of visitors per resident is two at any given time.
- Wear a tight-fitting face covering or facemask during the entire visit (resident and visitor)
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after visit.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- Stay in resident’s apartment during visit.
- For the Health Center, while the Dining Room is closed, we are offering that area as a place to visit outside of the resident room.
- Sign in and provide contact information.
- Sign out upon departure; and
- Adhere to screening protocols.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct video visits.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Room visits are permitted in the Health Center IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
I truly appreciate your understanding and patience. For any questions, you may contact me at email@example.com or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert – Executive Director