Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Pennsylvania remains at 25+%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate remains high and the 7-day metric for positivity as of today is 31.9%.
Since my last communication to you on January 7th, we have had 4 more positive cases, 3 staff and 1 IL resident. All three staff were not in the community 48 hours prior to having symptoms or testing positive. For the IL resident, we are starting contact tracing now and will be notifying any resident or staff that was exposed. We will continue with these modified operations until the community has gone 14 days without a new case.
As the number of cases as continued to increase, we do ask that you reconsider visiting for now. If you have not received your primary vaccination series for COVID-19, please consider not visiting. However, visitation is allowed. When making the decision to visit or not to visit, please remember:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community, and have isolated for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons).
- The number of visitors per resident is two at any given time.
- Wear a tight-fitting face covering or facemask during the entire visit (resident and visitor)
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after visit.
- Stay in resident’s apartment during visit.
- For the Health Center, while the Dining Room is closed, we are offering that area as a place to visit outside of the resident room.
- Sign in and provide contact information.
- Sign out upon departure; and
- Adhere to screening protocols.
Also, we have added a QR Code scanner to our check in/screening process with Accushield. You now have the option to download the Accushield App which gives you the opportunity to check in prior to walking into the community. It will then provide a QR Code that is valid for 1-hour. When you arrive, use the scanner, it signs you in and prompts the kiosk to take your temperature. This is a time saver for you and is very easy! I have attached the flyer for your reference.
I truly appreciate your understanding and patience. Our team is dedicated to you and are true heroes! For any questions, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert – Executive Director