Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Pennsylvania declined to between 5 to 7.9%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate has been downgraded from high to substantial. The 7-day metric for positivity as of today is 6.38%, which is a slight increase since Friday, February 25th.
I am excited to inform you that our last positive case still remains as February 17th. As of today, four more residents in the Health Center have recovered from COVID, leaving us with 2 active cases. The Health Center continues to do rapid outbreak testing twice per week or every 3 to 4 days, and PCR testing is as needed.
Even though the transmission rate was downgraded to substantial, Bucks County continues to recommend masking indoors for everyone. As a reminder, all residents need to continue to wear masks in all common areas that cover their nose and mouth, however, cloth masks are not appropriate personal protective equipment. The only exception for removing your masks is when eating and drinking.
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community, and have isolated for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons).
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- Face mask covering the mouth and nose is required.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Visits are permitted in the Health Center IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
I feel we are reaching the home stretch and want to tell you how much we appreciate your understanding and patience. For any questions, you may contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert, NHA, PCHA