Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Pennsylvania declined to between 8 – 8.9%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate remains high and the 7-day metric for positivity as of today is 6.22%, which is a decline of .46% since February 17th.
Since the last communication on February 17th, we have NOT had any additional positive cases, and have had 10 Health Center residents recover from COVID-19 and are off isolation. We currently have 10 residents in the Health Center who remain active for COVID, and 3 in Independent Living. The Health Center continues to do rapid outbreak testing twice per week or every 3 to 4 days, and PCR testing is as needed.
As a reminder, all residents need to continue to wear masks in all common areas that cover their nose and mouth, however, cloth masks are not appropriate personal protective equipment. The only exception for removing your masks is when eating and drinking.
As you are aware, visiting is allowed. However, given the current situation with COVID in the Health Center, we encourage you to re-think visiting for now. If you choose to visit, please remember the following:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community, and have isolated for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons).
- Hand hygiene is required.
- The number of visitors per resident is two at any given time for the Health Center.
- Wear a medical or respirator facemask during the entire visit (resident and visitor) that covers the nose and mouth.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after visit.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- For the Health Center, while the Dining Room is closed, we are offering that area as a place to visit outside of the resident room.
- Sign in and provide contact information, and sign out upon departure
- Adhere to screening protocols.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct video visits.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 primary vaccine series and be up to date with all CDC recommended COVID-19 vaccines.
- Room visits are permitted in the Health Center IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
For Independent Living and Personal Care, there is no longer a limit on the number of visitors allowed in the apartments. Also, for families who want to reserve the 9th floor common area or living room for social events, please call the Front Desk at (215) 345-4300. Once the Health Center has gone 14 days without a new case, we will open this up to Health Center residents and families as well.
Again, we truly appreciate your understanding and patience. For any questions, you may contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert, NHA, PCHA