Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Pennsylvania declined to between 10 – 14.9%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate remains high and the 7-day metric for positivity as of today is 7.22%, which is a decline of .69% since Monday, February 14th.
Since the last communication on Monday, we have had 5 more positive cases. There are 3 Independent Living residents that are positive, and two Health Center employees. We continue to do contact training. In the Health Center rapid and PCR testing occurs every 3 to 4 days.
As a reminder, all residents need to continue to wear masks in all common areas that cover their nose and mouth, however, cloth masks are not appropriate personal protective equipment. The only exception for removing your masks is when eating and drinking.
As you are aware, visiting is allowed. However, given the current situation with COVID, please consider not visiting for now. If you choose to visit, please remember the following:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community, and have isolated for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons).
- Hand hygiene is required.
- The number of visitors per resident is two at any given time for all areas.
- Wear a medical or respirator facemask during the entire visit (resident and visitor) that covers the nose and mouth.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after visit.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- Stay in resident’s apartment during visit.
- For the Health Center, while the Dining Room is closed, we are offering that area as a place to visit outside of the resident room.
- Sign in and provide contact information, and sign out upon departure
- Adhere to screening protocols.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct video visits.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 primary vaccine series and be up to date with all CDC recommended COVID-19 vaccines.
- Room visits are permitted in the Health Center IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
Again, we truly appreciate your understanding and patience as we continue to work through the on-going obstacles we are faced with regarding the Pandemic. For any questions, you may contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert, NHA