Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The COVID transmission rate in Bucks County remains high and the 7-day metric for positivity as of today remains at 11.2%.
Since my last communication to you on December 23, 2021, we have had 1 more employee who tested positive on 12/25 and 2 Independent Living residents who tested positive today, 12/27/2021.
We will be conducting testing as advised by CDC 5 days after potential exposure. We will test any resident and staff person who may have had contact with the employee.
All our employees are fully vaccinated, and many have received the booster. They will continue to follow public health recommendations to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. These include monitoring temperatures upon arrival, questions regarding Covid symptoms and contacts. We also enforce strict handwashing procedures, hand sanitizing, wearing facemasks, not touching your face and social distancing when possible. The screening questions have been updated on the Accushield Kiosk.
Just a few reminders:
- Health Center
- If one resident is not fully vaccinated and the other resident is fully vaccinated, visits may not take place in the room.
- If one resident is immunocompromised, regardless of the vaccination status.
- For larger group visits, please contact the Front Desk at 215-345-4300 to see if the Living Room on the 9th floor is available for private visits. However, we are still asking families not to bring the loved ones to the 9th floor or other common areas in Independent Living unless you have reservations to use the Living Room.
- If you are sick, please do not visit and contact your healthcare professional, even mild symptoms.
- Residents with symptoms of COVID-19 cannot leave their room or apartment and need to have your health care professional contacted.
- Employees with symptoms, cannot report to work and must contact their supervisor and call your healthcare professional, even with mild symptoms.
Lastly, for any resident or employee who did not get the COVID-19 booster, we can provide it. I would need for you to inform the front desk of your interest. For any questions, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Respectfully – Lynne Dukert, Executive Director