May 19, 2022
Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
Unfortunately, since my last communication on May 16th, we have had two more COVID-19 cases, both residents reside in Independent Living. Contact tracing has been done. On May 17th all Personal Care residents and employees were tested with negative results. Today, all Health Center residents and employees were tested, again with negative results.
The positivity level for the state of Pennsylvania increased to 15.0 – 19.9%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate continues to be high. The 7-day metric for positivity in Bucks County as of today increased to 14.37%, which is a .15% increase from my last communication on May 16th.
- Residents are REQUIRED to wear masks indoors at this time. This means whenever a resident leaves their apartment or room, except when eating or drinking. The masks must be medical or N95, no cloth masks.
- Visitors and staff continue to be required to wear masks upon entry, medical or N95, no cloth masks.
- The Health Center is now doing small group activities.
- Personal Care is spreading the residents out to at least 6’ apart for activities. When this is not possible, they may need to reduce the size of the activity group.
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community. You should isolate for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons) and not return to the community until day 11 AND you test negative.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Visits are permitted in the Health Center rooms IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
- Visitors of Health Center residents may NOT take their loved one to the 9th floor for visiting at this time, or to any common area in Independent Living or Personal Care.
- At this time, Health Center families CANNOT make reservations in the restaurant or go to the Bistro with the Health Center resident.
If you are eligible for the 2nd Booster, and did not receive it, you may sign up for it at our Front Desk. Irene Chen, RN – Director of Nursing is doing clinics every Thursday as long as there is interest. Also, today, she is providing the boosters to the Health Center residents for whom she received authorization to do so.
It is an honor and privilege to serve you. For any questions, you may contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert, NHA, PCHA