May 20, 2022
Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
Once again we have a positive case of COVID in the health center. A staff member tested positive and as a result, the yellow zone precautions have been set-up again on Health Center 1. Testing will be completed on days 2, 5 and 7 for residents and staff on HC1. It is important to share with you that all employees at WEL Pennypack Park have been fully vaccinated, which means the original vaccinations and one booster. Data available as May 18 indicates that the transmission level in Philadelphia County is now medium.
It is imperative that you are prudent when visiting our community. If you have any signs or symptoms of COVID, please DO NOT visit. If you have had known exposure to COVID, please DO NOT visit. We cannot prevent you from visiting, however, you are risking the health and safety of all of our residents and staff if you do not follow these precautions.
There are still limitations that will be effective:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- Face mask covering the mouth and nose is required.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- All visitors (Health Center, Personal Care and Independent Living) must enter through the only entrance – main entrance and be screened on entrance.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Room visits are permitted, IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at the email address email@example.com or by phone at 267.348.3340.
Suzanne H. Lachman, LNHA