May 16, 2022
Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
Unfortunately, since my last communication on May 12th, we have had more COVID-19 cases. They are as follows:
- Health Center 5 (4 residents and 1 employee)
- Personal Care 2 (1 resident and 1 employee)
- Independent Living 4 (4 residents)
Regarding COVID-19 testing, please see below:
- The Health Center is doing outbreak testing every 3 to 4 days. They started yesterday and continued today. This resulted in 2 of the 4 cases identified above.
- All Personal Care residents were tested on Friday with negative results. Personal Care is doing outbreak testing as well every 3 to 4 days with the next schedule testing tomorrow.
- For Independent Living residents, residents are self-testing with rapid tests. Many have their own supply. Others have requested friends or family members to pick up tests for them. Unfortunately, the testing resources that are sent to us are specific for the Health Center and Personal Care. You may contact Wellness at (267) 895-1148 if you have questions about testing.
- Anyone may order free COVID-19 testing kits with the United States Postal Service. Their limit is 4 per month per address. The tests are ordered on-line. Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests (usps.com).
The positivity level for the state of Pennsylvania remains at 10 – 14.9%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate continues to be high. The 7-day metric for positivity in Bucks County as of today increased to 14.22%, which is a 2.41% increase from my last communication on May 12th.
- Residents are REQUIRED to wear masks indoors at this time. This means whenever a resident leaves their apartment or room, except when eating or drinking. The masks must be medical or N95, no cloth masks.
- Visitors and staff continue to be required to wear masks upon entry, medical or N95, no cloth masks.
- The Health Center is now doing small group activities.
- Personal Care is spreading the residents out to at least 6’ apart for activities. When this is not possible, they may need to reduce the size of the activity group.
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community. You should isolate for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons) and not return to the community until day 11 AND you test negative.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Visits are permitted in the Health Center rooms IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
- Visitors of Health Center residents may NOT take their loved one to the 9th floor for visiting at this time, or to any common area in Independent Living or Personal Care.
- At this time, Health Center families CANNOT make reservations in the restaurant or go to the Bistro with the Health Center resident.
All of us have had to accept that COVID is not going away anytime soon, if at all, as it continues to mutate with different variants. As a facility, we take actions including several factors. The factors are the level of community transmission, the counties positivity rating, if there are active cases within our facility, if contact tracing can be done, if residents and staff are up to date with all COVID-19 vaccines, and the level of transmission within our facility.
ELECTION DAY NEWS
As a reminder, Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown is a polling center with tomorrow’s elections. The polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m., and the polling center at Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown is in Heritage Hall. According to the polling officials, the least busy hours are 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. It is highly recommended that WEL Doylestown residents come to vote during those times.
The residents are having a sale in the Bistro during these times to benefit the WEL Doylestown Benevolent Fund. Please remember the Bistro is NOT open for lunch on election day. Also, the restaurant will be open for dinner.
Another reminder, all employees will need to park on the Health Center side of the building or at Centre Square apartments next to us. Centre Square has given permission for our employees to park there.
The Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown Annual Disclosure and Audited Financial Statements are now available. A copy will be placed in the Library on the 9th floor today. It is in a binder on a bookshelf closest to the common area. If anyone would like a printed copy, please call me. If you would like an electronic copy, please send me an email.
It is an honor and privilege to serve you. For any questions, you may contact me directly at email@example.com or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert, NHA, PCHA