May 9, 2022
Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
It is unfortunate that I must share with you that effective immediately we are placing the entire health center in a yellow zone condition. We learned on Sunday, May 8, that several visitors had contact with residents from the health center, personal care and some independent living residents.
It is imperative that you are prudent when visiting our community. If you have any signs or symptoms of COVID, please DO NOT visit. If you have had known exposure to COVID, please DO NOT visit. We cannot prevent you from visiting, however, you are risking the health and safety of all of our residents and staff if you do not follow these precautions.
The first round of testing on residents who were exposed has yielded all negative results. That same group of residents will be tested on May 11 and again on May 13.
There are still limitations that will be effective:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- Face mask covering the mouth and nose is required.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- All visitors (Health Center, Personal Care and Independent Living) must enter through the only entrance – main entrance and be screened on entrance.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Room visits are permitted, IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 267.348.3340.
Suzanne H. Lachman, LNHA