June 3, 2022
Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
The positivity level for the state of Pennsylvania remains at 15.0 – 19.9%. For Bucks County, the transmission rate continues to be high. The 7-day metric for positivity in Bucks County as of today is to 15.31%, which is a slight increase from May 31st. Due to the high transmission rate, Bucks County recommends masks in all indoor settings. As you know, people who are 65 years of age and older continue to be the highest at risk, which means our requirements are higher than the general population.
As previously reported, our last positive case was on May 30th. At this time, there are no active COVID cases among residents. We need to continue to be diligent in our actions to reduce the spread of COVID. As a reminder, below are the guidelines:
- Residents are REQUIRED to wear masks indoors at this time. This means whenever a resident leaves their apartment or room, except when eating or drinking. The masks must be medical or N95, no cloth masks.
- Visitors and staff continue to be required to wear masks upon entry, medical or N95, no cloth masks.
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community. You should isolate for 10 days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons) and not return to the community until day 11 AND you test negative.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Visits are permitted in the Health Center rooms IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
Visitors of Health Center residents may take their loved one to the 9th floor if they wish for a visit or may sit in a common area on the 1st floor of Independent Living for the visit or dine in the Bistro, The WEL Bar, or the Restaurant (after signing out with the Health Center Staff).
As always, it is a true pleasure to serve you. For any questions, you may contact me directly at email@example.com or 267-895-1132. Internally, my extension is 502.
Lynne Dukert, NHA, PCHA