Ask the Team at Wesley Enhanced Living
While using technology may seem more natural to younger generations, many seniors are taking advantage of personal assistants in the forms of Amazon’s Alexa, Google Home, or Apple’s HomePod. The ease of use allows these to be used more frequently; after all, it’s better than sitting down at a computer or squinting into the screen of a smartphone! When your hands refuse to hold the remote, an assistant can turn on the television to your favorite show.
The team at Wesley Enhanced Living retirement communities encourages residents to grasp technology and use it to their advantage. We offer our seniors plenty of social interaction, exercise classes, and healthy meals to keep you fit and enjoying new adventures, even those that talk back to you when looking up items on the internet. Enjoy a much higher quality of life when you move to one of our communities.
Benefits of Using a Digital Personal Assistant
The possibilities are endless. Consider these reasons to utilize a personal assistant in your home:
- Aids those with limited vision and dexterity. If you suffer from ailments such as arthritis, vision problems, or Parkinson’s, this handy device works well with simple questions and voice commands.
- Program daily routines. Sometimes life can become tedious, and habits fall by the wayside. Imagine setting up Alexa to turn on the lights and TV when you say good morning.
- Stream music or listen to books. Catch up on all those titles you mean to get to, or listen to Chopin while cleaning your home, apartment, or maintenance free living unit.
- Search the web. Instead of struggling to use a tablet or smartphone, you can speak your question, and your assistant will search the web for you. It is much easier to talk out loud than type on a keyboard.
- Help remember medications. Older adults with dementia or Alzheimer’s may find the benefit of remembering to take their prescriptions on time very helpful.
- Make hands-free phone calls. Use technology to make phone calls to family and friends. You tell your Alexa or another device to call your daughter. When you are done, tell it to “hang up,” and you can go about your day.
Personal Assistants Help Make Life Easier for Seniors at Wesley
Let technology help you. Check out the functions of a digital personal assistant. Enjoy even more interaction when you move to a Wesley Enhanced Living senior living community. Make the most of your golden years with new friends and fun times with us!
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Contact one of our Philadelphia area locations and find out why our seniors love where they live. Our staff is happy to discuss your elder’s needs or your own, give you a tour and inform you of our range of services.
Wesley Enhanced Living provides high-quality senior retirement communities for you or your loved ones. Please visit our website to learn more or click here to request more information today.