Dear Residents, Families and Employees:
To date we have tested a total of 291 people. This total is comprised of all employees, all health center and all personal care residents, as ordered by the Secretary of Health for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Based on the results received, we have returned one positive employee who was asymptomatic and immediately removed from work and is on a 14 day isolation period before returning to work. We have 6 employees who still require testing.
In the event you have tuned out, the numbers of new COVID-19 positive cases in Pennsylvania and in Philadelphia have taken a turn and now are increasing. This is obviously concerning to us as it is heading in the wrong direction. It is still anticipated that the city will go into the full green phase at the beginning of August, but we have to await the mayor’s decision on that aspect.
I feel as if I continue to dangle this re-opening carrot out there, and that is not my intention whatsoever. It is our desire to re-open, but we must continue to monitor the trends in the city, closely, and utilize that information to assist us in determining the date for re-opening. In the meantime, I am attaching a copy of the re-opening/visiting plan that will be implemented and adhered to once we have determined the date for re-opening. Providing this in advance will give you the opportunity to read through this and ask any questions you may have. We believe this plan will provide for a safe opportunity to visit, assuming everyone is cooperative. We also feel that this will allow all of our residents the opportunity to have visitors. It is very evident to us that for those of you who came daily or several times a week, it is another adjustment to make. It is an equitable plan, and we want and need to be fair to every resident and family.
For all independent living residents, I must again remind you to wear your mask in public areas. You must cover your nose and mouth. Residents who do not comply with this practice will not be permitted to use the beauty salon, the gym, attend small group activity programs, etc. We cannot and will not accept anything but 100% cooperation and compliance.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions or concerns. You can send me an email directly at the address herein.
RE-OPENING VISITING FOR THE HEALTH CENTER AND PERSONAL CARE
- Tentative re-opening for visitors scheduled for Monday, ?.
- ALL visits will be by appointment only. No walk-in visits will be allowed.
- Health Center visits will be conducted on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only.
- Personal Care visits will be conducted on Tuesday and Thursday only.
- Times available for visits will be: 10AM, 11AM, 1:30PM, 2:30PM and 3:30PM
- Appointments to visit may be made with the front desk Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8AM and 4PM.
- Appointments will only be booked two weeks in advance.
- No one may book a “standing” appointment to visit.
- Visits are limited to 45 minutes to allow for sanitizing between visiting residents and families.
- If you are late for your scheduled visit, your visiting time will not be extended to compensate for lateness.
- Only four residents will receive visitors per hour.
- Limit two visitors per family. No children under 16 years of age.
- ALL visits will take place in the Fireside Dining Room under staff supervision.
- Visits must be conducted with 6’ social distancing maintained, face masks on covering both the nose and mouth by resident and visitor. No shirts pulled up to cover the face or other make-shift face coverings will be accepted.
- New admissions will not be permitted to have visitors until two negative COVID-19 tests are returned or 14 days pass, whichever occurs first.
- If one new case of COVID-19 develops in the health center or personal care, visits must immediately stop.
- Health center and personal care residents may not leave the community with family for visits.
- No visitors will be permitted who live in any of the states that are experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE