As you heard from our President/CEO, Jeff Petty, we believe strongly universal inoculation across our communities is in the best interest of our residents and staff. The Wesley Enhanced Living communities have chosen CVS as our partner to administer the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to us.
Monday afternoon I was a participant during a webinar with CVS regarding the upcoming vaccination clinics that will be conducted. A few things were very clear during the webinar, and I want to share those items with you:
- The CDC and CVS have partnered to administer vaccines to health care workers, skilled nursing residents and personal care residents
- All recipients of the vaccine must complete and sign a consent for vaccination. We will be reaching out to you with further information, once we have the consent forms in our possession.
- We will need a copy of the front and back of everyone receiving the vaccine’s insurance card(s).
- Clinic dates will be scheduled by CVS and is imperative that our staff make two of the dates that will be scheduled. The first day will be for the first vaccine administration; in approximately 28 days a second date will be set for the second vaccination. A third date may or may not be available.
- After the second dose of the vaccination, the efficacy has been reported at 94-95% effective.
- There is no out-of-pocket expense to you. The federal government is paying for the vaccine and your insurance will be billed for the administration fee. No co-pays will be collected.
Some items to think about as you make your decision.
For many of our residents, the group of 80 years old and older is less than one (1%) per cent of the nation’s population. COVID-19 deaths in the age group of 80 years and older is 40%. This is a deadly disease and we can combat it with vaccination.
At this point, we do not have a date for vaccinations, but we will begin our process to collect the insurance cards that we may not have in our files. When we are provided we will be reaching out to you to sign your consent form.
GET VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19
I am !