Dear Residents, Families and Employees,
As you heard from our President/CEO, Jeff Petty, we believe strongly universal inoculation across our communities is in the best interest of our Residents and staff. The Wesley Enhanced Living communities have chosen CVS as our partner to administer the COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to us.
Monday afternoon I was a participant during a webinar with CVS regarding the upcoming vaccination clinics that will be conducted. A few things were very clear during the webinar, and I want to share those items with you:
- The CDC and CVS have partnered to administer vaccines to health care workers, skilled nursing Residents and personal care residents. At this time the CDC does not have a plan to administer independent living residents. There may be plans in the future. To be clear, this is a CDC/CVS decision and not Wesley’s.
- All recipients of the vaccine must complete and sign a consent for vaccination. We will be reaching out to you with further information, once we have the consent forms in our possession.
- We will need a copy of the front and back of everyone’s insurance card(s).
- Clinic dates will be scheduled by CVS and is imperative that our staff make two of the dates that will be scheduled. The first day will be for the first vaccine administration; in approximately 28 days a second date will be set for the second vaccination. A third date may or may not be available.
- After the second dose of the vaccination, the efficacy has been reported at 94-95% effective.
- There is no out-of-pocket expense to you. The federal government is paying for the vaccine and your insurance will be billed for the administration fee. No co-pays will be collected.
Some items to think about as you make our decision.
I am going to appeal to your sense of community and responsibility. I know many of you remember small pox and whooping cough and polio. You are truly pioneers; you were the
first to make the decision to receive these vaccinations and to vaccinate your children. These are diseases that have been eradicated because of vaccines. Is COVID-19 any different? You trusted science then and received those vaccines, trust science again! Eliminate this horrible disease by getting your vaccination.
For most of our residents, the group of 80 years old and older is less than one (1%) per cent of the nation’s population. COVID-19 deaths in the age group of 80 years and older is 40%. This is a deadly disease and we can combat it with vaccination.
At this point, we do not have a date for vaccinations, but we will begin our process to collect the insurance cards that we may not have in our files. We will be reaching out to you to sign your consent form.
Finally, we will continue to appeal to you to receive your COVID-19 vaccination. It is our responsibility as health care personnel (HCP) to protect each other so that we can continue our mission to care for our residents. It is our responsibility to protect our Residents from COVID-19 – this vaccine is the hope we have to keep our Residents safe.
BE RESPONSIBLE! GET VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 215-991-7101
Executive Director Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley