December 19, 2020
Dear Residents, Families and Staff,
Please see a campus update below:
I am sad to share we have another resident who was COVID positive in our surveillance testing yesterday. Unfortunately, as you are aware, just one case is considered a new outbreak and we must quarantine an additional 14 days. We recognize that this new 14 day quarantine includes Christmas & New Year’s Holidays. Santa visited Friday and delivered wonderful tote bags full of gifts and treats. We are continuing to plan fun things for the residents during this difficult time. We have successfully transitioned programs onto our closed circuit TV and are also offering Live Stream entertainment for residents.
Thank you for your quick response to our request that Residents residing in IL quarantine on Wednesday. We requested this in response to 4 positive cases reported that morning, 3 of which were at the hospital. 2 of the residents were admitted and 1 was sent to a skilled nursing facility. We knew it would be difficult to contact trace and gather information from the residents/families so we implemented the quarantine. We have not determined that any other residents were in close contact with these residents; however, we do know that elevators were used, the mail room was visited, laundry rooms were used, and meals were picked up. These are not unusual activities and are to be expected of any resident. I say this not to scare you, but to re-inforce the need to practice social distancing, hand hygiene and self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19. These practices have been proven effective! The elevators are used by all of us, the mail room and laundry rooms are frequented and meals are ordered for pick up. Housekeeping has completed deep cleaning of the laundry rooms/common spaces and will continue this process. If you do not feel well, notify your doctor, stay in your apartment and call the front desk/wellness office. This reduces the risk of infection and we will help you! The full quarantine is lifted today, effective immediately; however, we are changing our procedures on campus effective immediately as well. See the separate document with our new campus procedures for Residents in Independent Living effective today 12-19-2020 through Monday 1-4-2021. We will have Christmas Day Brunch! Please make your reservations by Wed December 23rd.
Reservations: 11:30, 11:45, 12:00, 12:45, 1:15, 1:45, 2:00, 2:30.
Although residents are staying within our Skilled Nursing space, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas and residents are participating in small group programs, one on one programs and enjoying lunch and dinner in the dining room. We hope to offer breakfast in the dining room soon as well. No residents in skilled nursing have tested positive for COVID 19.
1 person has tested positive for COVID-19 in our surveillance testing late this week. We have conducted contact tracing and shared information with the appropriate people; no quarantines were necessary.
Visitors: WEL DT is closed to visitors. Residents leaving for social visits are required to quarantine for 14 days upon return. Bucks County is at a 16.4% positivity rate.
WEL DT Independent Living Procedures Effective 12-19 thru 1-4-2020
1) Mail: In an effort to avoid crowding in the mail room, please adhere to the following schedule:
• floors 2 and 3 – pick up between 5pm and 5:30pm
• floors 4 and 5 pick-up between 5:40pm and 6:10pm
• floors 6, 7 and 8 pick up between 6:15pm and 7pm
2) Meals: Meals should be ordered and will be delivered to apartments; NO Delivery Charge
• Only Bathrooms and linen service will be provided at this time to focus on common spaces
• Please wear your mask while the housekeeper is in your apartment & social distance
3) Laundry: To avoid crowding in laundry rooms, please adhere to the following schedule:
• Even number apartments do laundry on Mondays and Thursdays
• Odd number apartments do laundry on Tuesdays and Saturdays
• No one should gather in the laundry area; one at a time; masks required
• Wednesdays are reserved for deep cleanings; no laundry on Wednesdays please
• Transportation services to/from doctors’ appointments will be provided for essential visits
• Transportation to grocery stores will continue but off-site lunches will not
• Country rides will continue and drive-thru banking only will be available
6) Activities & Exercise: We will return to the limited activity schedule on 12/22/2020
• Group activities and entertainment will be offered on the TV
• Limited in-person fitness classes with 8 resident max; advance sign up required
• Pool hours will continue as stated
• The gym will be closed; the 9th floor walking track is always available
• No in-person entertainers during this time as mandated by Governor
• Please watch live streams or recorded music on your tv channel 1970
• Two smaller elevators are limited to NO MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE at one time
• The larger elevator is limited to NO MORE THAN THREE PEOPLE at one time
WEAR YOUR MASK AT ALL TIMES ON CAMPUS.
HAND SANATIZE FREQUENTLY AND BEFORE AND AFTER ELEVATOR USE AND LAUNDRY ROOM USE. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR APARTMENT IF YOU ARE NOT WELL.