Late yesterday, we were notified that a Personal Care resident tested positive for the coronavirus.
We’re quite certain that the fully vaccinated person was not infected here. The resident will be isolating in their apartment for at least 14 days with follow-up testing. Staff persons who provide care will undergo testing this week and next (note; workers of the Skilled Nursing and Personal Care teams are rapid tested weekly).
All this being the case, the following measures are effective immediately for Personal Care residents ONLY:
- In room visits are suspended.
- Outside visits, limited to 20 minutes, are permitted provided resident and visitor maintain distance, are masked and use hand sanitizer.
- Transportation for other than medical appointments is suspended.
- Dining and Enhanced Living Activities will continue normally, with distance and appropriate masking.
- Visitation to the Skilled Nursing area by Personal Care residents is suspended.
- Personal Care residents should NOT leave campus to visit family or friends at this time.
Precautions for Skilled Nursing and Independent apartment residents: Because the county positivity rate is declining slowly, Skilled Nursing residents may have outside visitors, no more than two at a time by appointment made with main receptionists. Independent apartment residents may have visitors. However, for both, we recommend outside visits weather permitting.
These measures are based on Bucks County Department of Health directives identified in conversation with Kathleen Pinzka, Administrator of Personal Care and the Leadership Team. We will be watching this closely as always and will provide updates and information as available. The hope and expectation are that these measures will assure containment of the virus, so that we may continue moving forward with opening up the community.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call.
Steven T. Cherry, nha
Interim Executive Director