CONTACT: Colleen Scott
AKCG – Public Relations Counselors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wesley Enhanced Living Invests $10 Million in Updating its Bucks and Montgomery County Senior Living Communities
A combined $10 million renovation project will bring new and refreshed dining and living amenities to seniors
Warminster, Pa. (September 9, 2019) – Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) will devote $10 million to renovate, refresh and update its WEL Doylestown and WEL Upper Moreland communities, serving seniors in Bucks and Montgomery counties.
“This investment will modernize amenities at our Bucks County and Montgomery County communities. With this investment being completely resident-focused, we’re updating furniture in lobby and lounge settings, adding on-site restaurants, recreational areas and so much more,” explained President and Chief Executive Officer of Wesley Enhanced Living, Jeff Petty. “With these up-to-date offerings, we are confident we will better serve, support and accommodate our residents – providing top-notch service while enhancing their quality of life.”
Slated to begin in late September, construction at WEL Doylestownis expected to be completed in March 2020. The 22,100-square-foot community currently includes 216 apartments. The estimated six-month project at WEL Doylestown will include the following renovations:
- addition of an upscale restaurant, providing an outdoor eating option;
- new indoor main street Bistro and Pub food lounge;
- brand new lobby and refreshed Welcome Center to better accommodate residents and guests;
- expanded and renovated auditorium area for resident recreation;
- completely renovated lounges and community spaces, featuring new furnishings; and
- spacious apartment homes with choice of finishes.
Currently underway, renovations at WEL Upper Moreland are expected to be completed by year’s end. The Montgomery County senior living community includes a combined total of 200 apartments and cottages in a total of 184,000-square-feet. Construction at WEL Upper Moreland includes the following updates:
- new lobby with expanded seating;
- addition of a Bistro and Pub restaurant, offering tavern-style options;
- development of a movie theater, featuring comfortable seating and wide-screen projection, as well as a fireplace lounge for resident use;
- creation of a TV lounge with expanded seating;
- updated main dining room; and
- renovated gift shop, library and chapel.
All Wesley Enhanced Living communities provide accommodations for various senior living options, including Independent Living, Personal Care and Skilled Nursing.
About Wesley Enhanced
The non-profit Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) continuing care communities have a dedicated mission to deliver a purpose-filled life to residents. Serving over 1,100 residents with more than 1,200 employees throughout Pennsylvania, the Wesley Enhanced Living communities located in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties provide various combinations of
independent living, personal care services, memory care, and rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. Wesley Enhanced Living has been named a Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace in Aging Services™ in both 2018 and 2019 by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.