We had some members of our community test positive this week. One Resident in our PC, one IL Resident, and one HCC Employee. Testing and contact tracing is on-going and those with positive results are in quarantine. We have been both very lucky and very well prepared (over 99% of Residents and Employees are vaccinated) in avoiding a wide-spread outbreak here in our community. However, cases are on the rise in our surrounding area; the positivity rate for Pennsylvania has increased from 8% to 10.7% in the past week and in Philadelphia County the rate has increased from 5.9% to 8.1%. These changes are alarming and we must be diligent about maintaining all precautions.
Precautions still in effect include:
- Visitors who have a positive COVID-19 test, symptoms of COVID-19 or currently meet the criteria for quarantine (exposed, potentially positive) should not enter the community.
- Hand hygiene is required.
- Face mask covering the mouth and nose is required.
- Six feet distance between people is required.
- All visitors must be screened on entrance through Accushield..
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have their COVID-19 vaccination or to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Non-vaccinated visitors are encouraged to conduct visits outdoors (weather permitting).
- Room visits are permitted, IF both roommates are vaccinated and neither resident is immunocompromised (regardless of vaccination).
For any questions, or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com or 215-991-7101. Internally, my extension is 802
Executive Director, Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley